- Stay tuned for information on upcoming events!
- SPSA Book Drive!!!
- Donate you new and lightly used books to SPSA. We will be collecting books to donate to William's Little Free Library. This community library is run by a woman who gives to the community in honor of her son, William, who died as a still born. The library is a way to remember William, share his life with others, and make awareness of stillborns and infant death.
- Books due by May 6th, 2016 in the clinician room (Across the hall from the CSULB community clinic ED-2 rm. 155)
- Check the out the “Events & Calendar” page for upcoming events and important dates!
- Make sure to check the blog for goings-on of SPSA and its members.
What is SPSA?
School Psychology Student Association (SPSA) is a student organization comprised of all the graduate students in the School Psychology program at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). SPSA is a group that strives to connect their students with one another as well as other school psychologists and educational and mental health professionals. Meetings are held monthly and other events include volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, training seminars, and social gatherings. SPSA is a great way for you to feel connected to the School Psychology program and your peers, and further your understanding of the field. In 2013, SPSA earned two awards through CSULB Student Life and Development in recognition of excellent programming throughout the school year. Hard-working board members, wonderful faculty support, and most importantly, the students in our program make these events come to life. SPSA’s two awards can be seen in the Clinician Room in ED-2 ;)
What are the benefits of SPSA?
- Discuss issues and concerns that affect students, both professionally and academically.
- Receive additional education and training in the field of School Psychology
- Be a part of networking opportunities with other school psychologists and mental health professionals
- Stay on top of current trends in the field
- Be part of a new and innovating organization
- Discuss current, relevant issues that affect students
- Develop and nurture your leadership skills through your participation
- Share resources with your peers
- Establish links with professional organizations and school psychology professionals in the field
- Participate in volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Increase your communication between cohorts through SPSA social events
How do I join SPSA?
If you are a graduate student in the CSULB School Psychology program, you are automatically a member of SPSA! You should be receiving regular e-mails from SPSA board members to update you on upcoming events. If you are not receiving e-mails or if you would like to change your e-mail address, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a great year with you!